Terri Day came to the Galion City School District on September 4, 2012. She brings 18 years of fiscal background with Columbus City Schools having served the last 7 years as an Area Treasurer for the district. Prior to working for schools, Terri was an assistant controller and accounting supervisor.
Terri comes to us with a strong background in fixed asset management, budgeting processes and managing federal and state grants such as Race to the Top, School Improvement grants and Title funds.
As Treasurer for Galion City Schools, Terri’s goal is to work closely with the Board of Education and the Superintendent to ensure the availability of tools necessary to provide a high quality education to our students. She feels strongly about the transparency of the district budget and spending. She plans to follow in the footsteps of her predecessor as a responsible steward of the dollars provided for education. Terri plans to build strong community relationships and provide opportunities for the community to ask questions concerning fiscal matters of the district. She vows to work diligently and be fiscally accountable to the members of our community.
- Ohio Dominican University,
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- University of Phoenix, Public
School Law / Public School Finance
Credentials and Current Associations:
- Member, Ohio Association of School Business Officials
- Member, Ohio Association of Administrators of State and Federal Programs
- Member, Ohio School Board Association
- Licensed, Ohio School Treasurer
Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- Provide Financial/Technical/Logistical Support for the fiscal office of Galion City School District.
- Provide support and training for school administrators in support of their Federal program application
process and program administration.
- Maintain ongoing communication of financial information through Financial Committee Meetings and monthly reporting to the Board of Education.
- Maintain positive relationships with school district personnel and contacts at the State level and
community supporters and members.
- Provide Financial Management to the district by identifying and implementing sound financial practices.
- Maintain a fiscally sound educational organization.
470 Portland Way North
Galion, Ohio 44833